Artificial Grass Infill – Decision Guide
Which artificial grass “Infill” do I use? Let us help you make the decision.
The Artificial Turf Supply Artificial Grass Infill Decision Guide
Do I infill my artificial grass project with sand, rubber or not at all? This is a common question and a decision that most synthetic lawn turf shoppers must contemplate. We have gathered valuable knowledge from our customers’ and team members’ experiences and put together this synthetic grass infill guide to make your decision that much easier.
What exactly is artificial grass infill?
By definition, “Infill” is either an acrylic coated, green colored sand with antimicrobial properties or black crumb rubber particles. Either of these artificial grass infill options is put in between the blades of the artificial grass lawn products to deliver a complete solution.
Acrylic coated, green colored sand with antimicrobial properties is used to allow the artificial turf blades to stand up and look like natural standing grass, defeat pet odors and bacteria, as well as, keep the outdoor artificial turf project 25% cooler and make the system much more durable. Additionally, the acrylic coated, green colored sand artificial grass infill will emulate the feeling of soil when walked on, adding a dimension of realism.
Black colored crumb rubber infill for turf is used to allow the synthetic turf blades to stand up and look like a natural standing athletic field, as well as, provide cushion for athletic players on the field. Additionally, the black colored crumb rubber will emulate the feeling of soil and provide a realistic bounce when sports are played on the field, adding a dimension of realism.
Below is a quick infill guide to help you decide if the acrylic coated, green colored sand infill with antimicrobial properties or crumb rubber infill material for artificial turf is right for your application. Please contact Artificial Turf Supply if you are not sure, or visit our order artificial turf page.
YOU WILL NEED A ConstMart Artificial Grass Bulk Sale SOLUTION IF YOUR APPLICATION IS FOR:
- Your pet to go to the bathroom (Recommended PetPRO-PLUS® Series)
- Dog exercise runs (Recommended PetPRO-PLUS® Series)
- High traffic areas (Recommended LXR PRO® Series)
- 500 square foot areas or smaller (Recommended LXR PRO® Series)
- Backyard play structures (Recommended ProPLAY-PLUS® Series)
- Commercial & retail applications (Recommended LXR PRO® Series)
YOU WILL NEED A CRUMB RUBBER INFILL SOLUTION IF YOUR APPLICATION IS FOR:
- Athletic applications for artificial lawns (Recommended SportPRO® Series)
- Commercial playground structures with Fall Height Requirements (Recommended ProPLAY-PLUS® Series)
Note: ProPLAY-PLUS® Series can be installed with up to 2 pounds of crumb rubber infill per square foot, under swing sets & play structures (fall zones) to achieve a 7 foot critical fall height, saving you hundreds of dollars on unwarranted and needless infill.
YOU DO NOT NEED AN INFILL BASED SOLUTION IF YOUR APPLICATION IS FOR:
- Just for aesthetic looks & no more watering or maintenance (Recommended LXR PRO® Series)
- Balconies, decks, & patio areas (Recommended LXR PRO® Series)
- Steep hills or slopes (Recommended LXR PRO® Series)